Friday, May 17, 2013

Things That Make You Happy



Isn't that a wonderfully interesting title for a book?  Recently, my daughter picked up this book at a thrift store and we were both intrigued.  It is a stream of consciousness list (yes a very, very, VERY long list) of things that make the author, Barbara Ann Kipfer, happy.  Just reading a page puts a big ol' grin on my face.  And since starting to look at it, I've had things pop in to my head, and I think "that would go on my happy list".  :D So I think I will start a happy list.  And maybe sometimes I'll post some of it.  Here a few of my favorites from the book:
 toddlers' vocabulary
Amish buggies
Cloudy days and sunny thoughts
attic junk
breaking for rainbows
true, lasting values
weathered docks on tall stilts
a cathedral of trees
unimprovable culinary combos like champagne and caviar, milk and graham crackers
taking a walk when the world is too much
people who know where they stand with you
yard sales
a silly bubble of anticipation 
Eccl. 3:1-13
knock-knock jokes
killer scrabble games 
fresh produce


I could really go on and on.  This book makes me smile!!

.

3 comments :

Dori at The Red Feedsack said...

Oh how fun. I think the happy list is a great idea. It would probably be one of those things that everybody should do - we'd be amazed at all the things that make us happy. xoxo

vicky brison said...

dirt...dirt makes me happy. in all its forms....silt..loam..mud especially mud! i like to dig in it walk bare foot in it...squish it between my toes ...scrape it out from under my finger nails...
q-tip it out of my ears...wash it out of my hair....and go get dirty all over again! ♥

Art and Sand said...

I think I need to find the book. It sounds fun and I love being happy.